In these days of trying to choose healthier options for just about everything we do, the top 10 sporting date ideas below give you every reason to have a happy, healthy and interesting date to remember. How better to get to know your date than on a fun filled sporting activity where you can both be relaxed and enjoy it. Use these top 10 sporty date ideas to give you a head start in planning your dating schedule.
- For a bit of adventure on your date, have a go at abseiling, whether it be down a cliff face, or at an indoor climbing centre. It goes without saying you go with qualified instructors who are generally more than happy to take a few happy snaps for you so you can remember these special times.
- Go night fishing with lanterns to help invoke that romantic mood. Even if you don’t catch anything, apart from your date’s eye, you can still have fun.
- Dating advice for men– 9 holes would be enough for a bit of fun, 18 if you’re really keen and after course refreshments at the 19th hole (the bar of course!) Make sure it’s a picturesque course you select – you’ve got to get the ambience right.
- Find out your local parks with exercise/circuit equipment so you can have a jog and workout then recovery – aka a drink or two with your date.
- Take your date for a game of tennis down at your local tennis courts. The courts are often free of charge and surrounded by grass and shady trees, so plan for a romantic picnic afterwards.
- Try a zumba class together. You’ll have high energy music, be in an electric atmosphere and have heaps of fun while you get fit with your date also.
- Mini golf is always a hit and a bit of a laugh too. We can all be good at this type of golf, so if you want to impress your date big time then consider planning this as your first date.
- This is a true winter warmer – take in an ice-hockey game. What better way to snuggle up with your date than when you’re freezing your butt off at an ice-hockey game. A Word of Warning though – barrack for the same team so you start your time together amicably. Maybe try for some ‘neutral’ teams if you’re not supporting the same side.
- Rock and roll your date by discovering your local roller blading/skate park. Just remember to wear proper protective gear so you don’t end up in the emergency department on your date.
- Arrange for you and your date to take some swing or pub jive classes together. You’ll be in a great atmosphere, you get to hold one another, enjoy good music and afterwards you will be ready for a bite to eat and drink together.
These top 10 sporting date ideas are all perfect ways to set the scene for your ‘next’ date with that special someone.
datingsymbol.com is home to the universally recognized SHI Symbol range of jewelry and clothing designed just for Singles. SHI Symbol takes the hard work out of meeting people. It’s viewed as the ONLY successful dating tool that works 24/7 and is the key to meeting other men and women for friendship, a date, some love and romance or even as a partner. Dating Symbol also has up to date info on dating & relationships, travel, fashion, finance, food & wine, health and fitness plus much more. Jan Pagonis is Director of SHI Symbol International and Dating Symbol.
Once upon a time in a land far, far away, I knew a guy. This guy was interesting because he lived his life by everything bad, not good. That may sound a little strange but consider your life and the conversations you may have on any given day. How often are you inundated with advertising, or endorsements from friends or messages preaching the positives of something? For example, “This restaurant is great because it has the best salad bar in town.” Or how about, “You should shop at Nordstrom’s this weekend because they are having a great sale!” My most recent message, “You should stay at this hotel because they have the largest rooms!”
Everybody in the world from industry to people always puts their best foot forward. They highlight the good, and hide the bad. We sell based on our assets, we win based on being the best. This did not work on the guy I knew. He lived his life by everything bad. He wanted to know that the lettuce in the salad was 3 days old instead of fresh. If that was not bad enough for him to avoid, he would eat the salad. If the sale at Nordstrom’s was going on, he would want to know the mark-up Nordstrom’s is making on each on sale item. If it was not too much, he would shop the sale. If this guy was hotel shopping, he would want to know that the maid service is horrible, and that the room smelled like smoke. If he could live with the bad, he would move forward.
Let’s take his notion and talk about something so very near and dear to all of our wandering hearts. The theory here: If you knew all the things bad about dating online, can you live with them? Does the benefit outweigh the drawbacks?
1) There are a lot of fake profiles on dating websites. Fake profiles are spammers posing as real people. When choosing a website to meet people, you have a lot of options. Many dating sites have advanced spam filters and moderators that block spam activity and thus, keeping the nuisance to a minimum. On the flip side the vast majority of websites do not have any spam filters, meaning 9 out of every 10 members are fake! Pick your website of choice carefully, and know that no matter what, you have to be weary of spammers.
2) The quality of online candidates is low. While this perception of online dating cannot be considered false, it most certainly cannot be considered true! People believe that those who online date cannot find a date in real life because they are not good looking or are socially inept. Fact: Not all people on online dating websites look like Brad Pitt or Megan Foxx. Fact: Some people join dating websites because they are not graced with the skill or confidence to meet strangers in a social environment. Fact: Just because the first two are facts, it does not mean these are poor quality members! Bottom line, a dating website is a reflection of the real world and there is something for everyone. Who is anybody to judge what is good or bad? Realize that when you date online, have to meet people you’re not going to like until you find your perfect match. That’s life. The next time you are in a crowded room, look around you. It’ll resemble all the members on an inernet dating site.
3) There aren’t enough people in my area. For many dating websites, especially the younger ones, this is most certainly true, especially if you live in a rural area. If this is the case, you have two things you may have to learn to deal with. – You could meet somebody online through a dating website that lives in the nearest major city or town to you, and commute. The commute may be a drag, but would you drive an hour to find the man of your dreams? Your other option is to join the website, and keep checking your profile on a weekly basis to keep track of all the new people joining who live in your area, and have first pick of the litter! If you feel like being philanthropic, you can even share the dating profile with some of your friends, who will then share it with their friends via Facebook, Twitter or whatever. Before you know it, a huge number of people will be joining that internet dating website in your area, and you’re not going to know any of them!